NYC, in all it’s glory. Eeeekk!
Some points about this trip before I share the pictures:
1. The Fun Bus is NOT fun. The seats are rather hard, and SMALL…don’t these people know that the average size in America is NOT a size 2?! Goodness, I don’t think my body ever has hurt so bad from attempting a good night’s rest.
2. NYC is dirty. Like, seeing cockroaches on the street dirty. I was pretty surprised by that. I’m not entirely sure why.
3. Subways (at least the ones we were on) are surprisingly clean. They are also HOT. and MUGGY.
4. When you attempt to see as much of Manhattan as you can in one 12 hour shift, you WILL have blisters.–Most likely the size of quarters. Be prepared.
5. Wicked performed on Broadway made me cry. It was just that good.
6. When you change in a Thai food restaurant and throw your underwear in the trash can, you know it’s been a successful trip. (Walking miles and miles in August…yeah…those underwear can just stay in NYC)
7. Reading a map takes a lot of effort. I mean, somehow we never found Time Square even though we tried to orient and reorient that map a 100 times. We just wandered aimlessly into it after our Broadway play. Oops.
8. If you want to read on the bus after lights out, you may want to bring a book light that isn’t LED. The looks I got were downright vicious.
9. Pack extra socks. Roman warned me, I thought he was being a little overzealous. I totally regretted it when my feet were super sweaty and my blisters were aching. All I wanted was a clean pair of soocckkkss! Wahhhh!
10. Unforgettable memories were made. The End.